Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Going Back to the Nursery











I think I have discovered Plant Nirvana. Thanks to the American Women's Group, I made my first trip to L'Arc en Fleurs at St Christol, and despite a desperately windy day, I could see the amazing potential of this place.

We have returned twice since the first visit and have advanced to asking aquatic types of questions thanks to the progress of the water garden. Jerome Botell and Carole Pinay are helpful and generous with their extensive knowledge of planting in the local conditions, and the drive via St Genies de Morgues is like trundling through a little bit of English countryside.
If you are interested in planting up a large container or want to turn your large garden into a Mediterranean paradise, then this is the place for you.
But don't take my word for it - go on line and have a look for yourself.