You can take the farmer out of South Africa, but you can't stop us using the car like a farm truck!
We went back to L'Arc en Fleurs today - I think the owner is starting to get a glint in his eye when he sees us drive in. We left after a very happy half an hour, bearing a tray of new plants plus a lovely star jasmine which will wind its way up the washing line supports. We can't dig the poles out because they are set in the sort of quality concrete that would hold up a bunker, so instead, we are setting about disguising it. I also bought three little aromatic plants and I've put them in a pot next to the seating area so that we can touch, squeeze and smell them.
Two more loads of gravel have gone into the pool edges and there is hardly an inch of plastic left in sight. I now need to find some marginal plants but the nursery people say that we must wait for the deep water plants as apparently it is still a bit chilly for them. Taking a well earned rest in the hammock after lunch in the partial shade, you could have fooled me that the word chilly could even be used in a sentence, but we still close up the wooden shutters by 7pm and keep our jerseys handy.
Tomorrow I am embarking on a new project. The area of the garden that was once used for vegetables is being turned into partial lawn. I have to seive a load of soil and compost, mix in the grass seed and then set about scattering it about and watering it in. At least this shouldn't call for the use of either spade, pickaxe or hoe which means I can report for physio on Friday morning with a clear conscience. In fact I went along this morning, and the nice lady said that she didn't know which was impressing her more - the state of my shoulder or the state of my French!
I saw a pigeon taking a sneaky bath this morning, and if the weather continues to warm up, I can see him having some company!